I made a list of few commonly asked questions (FAQs) by students with answers. Please note that this is for information purposes only and In all cases, you MUST contact the university for all information.

Some FAQs are listed below:

  • What are the admission requirements for universities?

Each university in each country has its own policy regarding admission requirements. Some universities within the same country might have different admission requirements so it won’t be easy to list every single requirement and therefore, you need to check admission requirements for each university and preferably early so that you have enough time to prepare your documents.


  • What if you earned a diploma in your home country or you completed three years program, will you be able to transfer your credits to the university abroad and complete the remaining year or two?

Each university will have its own policy regarding transfer students. Some might accept a maximum of 30 credits, some might accept 48 to 60 credits, and some might not accept any if your institution is not recognized or your grades are below the minimum required by the university. You need to check with the university for sure. For transfer students, some universities might require your grades be evaluated by WES for example for them to determine if they will accept some or all or none of your credits.


  • If English is not your first language, do you need to provide proof of English Language proficiency?

Yes, you must unless you graduated from an English speaking country where teaching was in English and you were studying for a certain number of years, usually 2-3 years, then you may be exempted from the English Language requirement. Two most well-known English tests that are accepted almost worldwide are TOEFL and IETLS. Check with the university if they accept any of them as some USA universities accept only TOFEL. Popular English Language Tests


  • Can you study English at the university first then join the undergraduate program?

Some universities do offer pathway programs or bridging programs in some instances, which are designed for international students who need to upgrade their English language first, usually for 12 months. Upon completion of the English training and you meet the university’s English requirement, then you may proceed to your undergraduate program. Some universities have agreements with some English academies/schools. In this case, you will study at the English school and if you complete all the levels and earn the grades acceptable by the university, then you can join the university. My advice, be selective of the English school and I recommend you check with the university first.


  • Can international students apply for co-op programs?

Some universities may offer co-op programs to international students, except for certain subjects, where you will have the opportunity to earn work related experience and a little bit of cash. Again, the university only can tell you if you are eligible for it as an international student or not.


  • Do you need to submit the SAT or ACT score?

Usually, if you graduated from an American system high school or from a USA high school, then it may be required. Check with the University of your Choice for further details.


  • Can you apply for the scholarship?

Many universities do offer scholarships and bursaries for international students provided you have strong academic grades or community service and leadership experience. There are many types of scholarships you can apply to. In a nutshell, it’s not impossible. Can You Apply for Scholarship?